Wednesday, December 28, 2011

O.I.A. II

Only In Aspen

I went to see a movie last night.  I probably only see a couple of those a year.  Maybe.  Anyway, one nice thing about the Artsy side of this town is that we get in some high quality entertainment.  The movie I went to see was part of  the Aspen Film's Academy Screenings.  It was called Extremely Loud and Incredibly CloseYou probably haven't seen it yet because it doesn't hit the theatre's until late January.  If you're not a member of the Filmfest, you have to take a number and wait until those people are seated, and then they sell tickets to the general audience.  A friend happened to be volunteering there last night, noticed my friend and I, and scored us a couple of free tix so we didn't have to wait in line.  Nice to be a local sometimes.

Anyway, here is the interesting part.  Before entering the Theatre, everybody was scanned with one of those wand thingy's you see the TSA using at airports.  I don't know what you call them.  I believe they were looking for video equipment, because before the movie started they warned us that they would be checking the audience with night vision goggle's to make sure nobody was using a phone/recording devise to pirate the movie.  There was a chuckle from the audience and then the lady said she was serious.  I don't know.  I suppose if there is anyplace where they could afford that kind of odd luxury, it would be here.  Is pirating a movie before it comes out that big of a deal?  Give me a clue here ... I really have no idea. 

Oh - the movie was okay.  Movies aren't usually my thing, but my friend cried a lot so I think it was probably pretty emotional for normal people.  And the kid in it does a fantastic job acting. 

No comments: