Sunday, November 13, 2011

What Matters?

I think I'll start off my blogging life by asking ... What matters We each need to ask ourselves this question every now and then to reevaluate what is important in our lives.  What was top priority a few years ago may not be so high on the list right now.  Stop and take a moment.  What matters?  Think about it before you go to bed tonight.  What matters?

The reason I keep asking this question is probably obvious.  Once you figure out what's important, then you may start the process of making things happen.  Now, I'm not actually asking you to list your goals, break them down into short term, long term, make a plan, blah, blah, blah.  This is not some sort of self help 'What Color is Your Parachute' type question.

Family.  Health.  Career.  Friends.  Security.  These are things that come to mind for me.  And one of the best ways I think we can enrich our lives is to act on what is important to us everyday.  Keeping the things that matter to you most in the forefront is truly helpful.



Every day I connect with a family member.  Every time I eat or exercise, I try to do so in a manner to better my health.  When I'm at work, I give it my best shot.  Spending time with friends ... well I need to work on that one.  But that's okay.  That's what I'm talking about.  This is not about being perfect all of the time.  It's about improving upon the things in life that are most important to you right now.

Each of us will have different answers to what matters and different ways of figuring out how to stay focused on these things more.  That's totally cool.  That's part of what makes the World go around.

Living a more Primal lifestyle, in particular in terms of nutrition and exercise, has really helped me with what matters.  Having a healthy body, less stress, getting good sleep, more sunshine, and efficient and effective exercise (ditched the chronic cardio) has been wonderful.   In future posts I'll talk more in depth about how I implement some of these practices into my daily life.


No comments: