Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sharing

It's an unbelievable Spring day here.  And what do I want to do most with it?  Share it.  Sure, I'm going to enjoy it myself, I've already done sprints (for the first time this season without a jacket) and I'm going for a bike ride later, but sharing is my first urge.  How do you share a beautiful day?  Like you share anything else I suppose, you experience it with others.  Whether that be through physically being there with them or capturing the moment in words or pictures to reflect on from afar.  I do love the smells and sounds of Spring.  Life is reemerging after being tucked away for the Winter. 

I know, as usual, where am I going with this right?  Well, thinking about how much I want to share a day like this I connected the dots as to how much sharing is a part of our little (but growing) Paleosphere.  Sharing information, sharing ideas, sharing experiences, sharing setbacks and successes.  Whether it be through blogs, podcasts, books, lectures, or what have you, there is a lot of incredible content and good natured people out there willing to share things.  Very cool.

Undoubtedly, part of this has to do with the fact that this lifestyle works for so many folks.  And partly to the information superhighway we now have.  When you start to figure things out for yourself, it's only natural to want to share your success with others.  Added up, we now have a community full of vibrance and health that is spreading fast.  Sure, there are spats of contention here and there, and people with different goals tweaking and experimenting with things, but at our base we have a lot of common ground.  

New Kids.

In reading some of the success stories around the internetz I'm reminded of why sharing is not only cool, but so very important.  There are lots and lots of people out there that haven't yet heard this message and will ultimately benefit from trying it.  No, I'm not saying it's a panacea or that it will eventually reach everyone.  What I am saying is that there is someone today, right now, gazing their eyes upon some part of our Paleoshpere and the light bulb above their head is going off.  And through our collective effort to share ideas and information, through living our very lives and leading by example, someone out there just may have their health, and indeed their very life, changed for the better. 

Sharing - it's that powerful.  But you already knew that didn't you.


No comments: